[Qgis-developer] Bug priority for release

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Jun 13 02:29:37 PDT 2015

Il 12/06/2015 15:58, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

> Yes - I agree that "Select at ID" doesn't really tell the user much. I
> wanted to have something like "Cache locally" - but I vaguely remember
> there was a reason why did not want to rename it. This was 2-3 years
> ago. Jürgen - do you remember why we did not want to name it more
> user-friendly, like "Cache locally"?
>
> Maybe it would be good to revisit this.

Hi all,
thanks Andreas and others for your comments and hints.

I agree that Select at ID is certainly ununderstandable for most humans.
IMHO, better rename it now, or open a ticket not to forget about it.
BTW, the option is rather hidden, and not available when (as it happens
more and more often) the layer is loaded through the Browser. Probably
we should make it available there (but this would interfere with the
simple drag & drop) - any idea?

I also agree that if users do not give feedback, a ticket may not be
really important after all. Maybe we could also downgrade them in this case.

Martin, could you please have a look to #12578, as suggested by Andreas?

All the best, and thanks again.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu