[Qgis-developer] qgsrasterblock setcolor index out of range error message

Theuns Heydenrych theunsheydenrych at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:12:46 PDT 2015

HI
I have written a Qt application using the QGis libraries.
I have setup a QGis project in Qgis(downloaded version 2.6) itself, and
loads the project from my application.
In the project is a tiff raster image of 1.2Gig that have external pyramids
created with QGis.

While using the QGis project in my application by zooming in and out, I get
the following error in the qgsrasterblock code. Its keep scrolling the
following.
*src\core\raster\qgsrasterblock.cpp: 381: (setColor) index  out of range*

I have captured the output from where it starts with the error and pasted
it on pastebin. http://pastebin.com/MUBd1Uq2

What I have noticed is that on line no.8 the "item" is twice the size of
the "img" is the correct, could this happen?
*8: "src\gui\qgsmapcanvasmap.cpp: 52: (paint) map paint DIFFERENT: sIZE:
img 1553,972  item 3106,1944"*

After this on line no.47 the paint device returned no engine error.
*47: "QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3"*

A bit further on, on line no.66 the "img" is 0,0 in width and height, and
the "item" is the correct size (*1553,972*)
*66: "src\gui\qgsmapcanvasmap.cpp: 52: (paint) map paint DIFFERENT: sIZE:
img 0,0  item 1553,972"*

After that on line no.122 it start to get index out of bounds errors, and
the looks like the application is hanging.

*122: src\core\raster\qgsrasterblock.cpp: 381: (setColor) index 0 out of
range*

Has anyone seen behaviour like this, so that I can have and idea where to
look?

Thank  you, in advance.
Theuns Heydenrych