[Qgis-developer] Hierarchy of new geometry classes

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:58:21 PDT 2015

Hi

Recently I have been looking a bit at the new geometry classes and
there is one thing I do not understand: if QgsLineStringV2 is derived
from QgsCurveV2 and QgsPolygonV2 is derived from QgsSurfaceV2, why is
not the same approach used for multi-part geometries? Currently
QgsMultiLineStringV2 and QgsMultiPolygonV2 are subclasses of
QgsGeometryCollectionV2 - but why they are not derived from
QgsMultiCurveV2 and QgsMultiSurfaceV2 respectively?

It looks like OGR uses that approach too (multi-polygon from
multi-surface and multi-linestring from multi-curve):
http://www.gdal.org/classOGRGeometry.html

Regards
Martin