[Qgis-developer] Hierarchy of new geometry classes

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 23:39:39 PDT 2015

Hi Marco

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Questions-regarding-new-geometry-engine-td5208770.html#a5209162

Thanks - I thought this was already asked, but couldn't find where...

IMO the hierarchy in QGIS should follow the one in ISO and OGC models.
Maybe right now there is no practical advantage for the implementation
to follow the hierarchy, but is there a strong reason to deviate from
it? It seems confusing that multi-polygon cannot be cast to
multi-surface. I am afraid that things like this can bite us later...

Regards
Martin