[Qgis-developer] Is the new release schedule a success?

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Tue Jun 30 12:29:19 PDT 2015

My point, if my understanding and memory of the last few months is correct,
is that these two .1 releases have been required (2.8.1) or identified as
required (2.10.1), before each .0 version has been fully released. My
argument is that that is not the same as the normal caution about .0
versions, but is rather a potentially more serious problem.

I would change nothing at this stage. The new schedule is still bedding in.
However, if 2.12.1 is required as quickly, I do think it should be
reconsidered. A longer feature freeze? Six-monthly releases? I am not
qualified to give much of an informed opinion on that. As everyone says,
non-LTRs are not betas.