[Qgis-developer] Is the new release schedule a success?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Jun 30 13:50:53 PDT 2015

Hi

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with the release schedule. It has
mainly two reasons:

- QGIS is quite a large project. So testing really everything (including
complex interaction of different modules with GUI) is impossible.

- There is a lot of development activity in QGIS. More development =
more possibility of unexpected side effects.

A longer feature freeze wouldn't help. The thing which does help is the
2.8 version.

Regards,
Marco