[Qgis-developer] PostGIS edition and foreign key

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Mar 3 03:10:34 PST 2015

Hi,

the question is how you define your foreign key [1], namely what you put
for "ON DELETE" (you have either NO ACTION or RESTRICT, which throw the
error you receive) If you set ON DELETE CASCADE the operation would be
deleted, too, probably not what you want. Maybe you should set ON DELETE
SET NULL (make sure that the field can be NULL!). Afterwards you
reconnect the operation and the new parcel.

Bernhard

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-constraints.html#DDL-CONSTRAINTS-FK