[Qgis-developer] Simple sample code for function editor

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Mon Mar 9 07:19:49 PDT 2015

Hello all,
I'm writing a new chapter about the new function editor for the user
manual 2.8. I'm not confirmed with PYthon programmming.
See
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/field_calculator.html#function-editor-tab

Is there somebody who can give a short example of code for beginners?
I look for a code that shows the new possibilities of the function
editor in comparison to the Python console. On Nathan Woodrows blog
it is mentioned that it's a possibility to use full Python Code.

It would be great if the description includes an explanation of the
elements of the code.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Larissa