[Qgis-developer] Creating large datasets with PyQGIS

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:49:40 PDT 2015

Hi,
       I am currently working with some large geographic files (~130Gb
divided in thousands of files) and I need to output the result of the
analysis in some sort of data format, which cannot be a relational database
(because of the people that will be using this processing framework in the
future).

       Right now I am reading and writing to text files, which is EXTREMELY
slow.  DBF is not really a good option because its many legacy issues, so I
was thinking about hdf5 or something of that sort.

    Is there anything in QGIS that would me allow to work with that?

   I am on a Windows environment, so using my pytables installation is a
pain in the neck.  Any suggestions?

   BTW any advancements on how to install Python packages to QGIS own
python installation?

Thanks,

Pedro

PS - Sorry for using windows....  ;-)