[Qgis-developer] QGIS & PyCSW

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:24:56 PDT 2015

On 03/25/2015 09:43 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all,
> we now have a good CSW client in core (MetaSearch), and a couple of
> metadata editors as an additional plugins [0][1].
> I think adding also a CSW server configurator would complete the
> toolchain. This could be done integrating PyCSW in QGIS, and possibly in
> its web clients (QGIS web client and LizMap). Anyone interested?
> What are the missing pieces and stumbling blocks, in your view?
> Thanks.
>
> [0] http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/metaedit/
> [1] http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/qsphere/
Hi Paolo,

This idea is excellent: we discussed something similar some time ago,
when we were thinking about future features for MetaSearch.
Among those features were a metadata editor and direct configuration for
pycsw publishing.
I strongly believe that these features should reach core QGIS in the future.

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos