[Qgis-developer] snapping marker and other digitizing doubts

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:21:53 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I usually don't do much digitizing but recently I have done a little
and I have a few doubts:

*) the pink/purple marker that shows when snapping comes into action
appear only when using the "add features" tool, and not the node tool,
is this on purpose?

*) the marker used when snapping with the measure tools is different,
is this also on purpose? Would not be better be the same as the
digitizing one?

*) consider the case of two adjacent polygons and snapping enabled: if
I move (with the "move features" tool) one  polygon then I cannot snap
it again in tis original place using the same "move features" tool.
But with the node tool it can be snapped back in its original
position... the user must select all the vertexes and then drag the
mouse after carefully clicking on one node (otherwise it will be moved
just one segment). it would not be better to allow the "move features"
tool to snap?

along the way I also possibly found issues with the "enable
topological editing" option, see:

https://hub.qgis.org/issues/12441

anyone can confirm?

 cheers