[Qgis-developer] GSoC 2015: Call for potential mentors and proposals ranking

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:38:04 PDT 2015

Hi all,

the students application period for GSoC 2015  is over and selection and
ranking proposals period starts. Deadline for reviews is a 6th of April. More
information can be found in the admins email [0].

This year we have two proposals:
  1. Multithread support on QGIS Processing toolbox by Marcus Santos
      Possible mentors: Victor Olaya and me
      Was one of the possible ideas in GSoC 2013 and 2014

  2. Pan Sharpening Plug-in for QGIS by Nancy Kapri
      Possible mentors: ???
      New idea

Both students seems are first-time participants and new to our community.

According to the new rules [0] this year we need two mentors for project to
be accepted. So I want to encourage potential mentors to register on Melange
and review proposals. Registration instructions available at the OSGeo GSoC
page [0].

Also I want to stress that proposals discussion and ranking should be done in
a private way using Melange site, private emails or any other comfortable and
private way.

[0] https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/osgeo-gsoc-mentors/rqYSNPxHd0c
[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015_Administrative#How_to_register_as_a_mentor

Thanks