[Qgis-developer] Priority of Bug #12057 ?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon May 11 06:57:18 PDT 2015

Hi Stefan,

I agree this is an important area and deserves being addressed properly.
It is also one that would be perfect for a set of unit tests.

I noticed that you started to collect issues that have been filed
concerning this topic or related ones, I think this is a very good
initiative.

A good approach to deal with this topic would be to
 * create a list of variables that influence the calculation
 * create a set of combinations of these variables (or eventually a full
matrix) with expected results

Once this is formulated it should be straightforward to create unit
tests, see which calculations are wrong and then fix them while being
sure not to break others (because of the test suite).
Will you be present in Denmark?

Kind regards,
Matthias