[Qgis-developer] How to get feature frome deleted feature?

Enrico Fiore enricofiore at libero.it
Tue May 19 05:38:35 PDT 2015

Hi,
is there a pyqgis solution to fetch the features that are canceled with
"delete selected features" tool?

I used this code in "Project Properties --> Macro":

layer = iface.activeLayer()
layer.committedFeaturesRemoved.connect(ConfirmTratDeleted)

def ConfirmTratDeleted(layer,fids):
        for fid in fids:
            iter = layer.getFeatures(QgsFeatureRequest().setFilterFid(fid))
            feat = iter.next()
            geometry = feat.geometry()

but it returned thi error:

    An error has occured while executing Python code:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "", line 234, in ConfirmTratDeleted
     StopIteration

I suppose because the features are committed and don't exist anymore.

Somebody can help me to understand how to get features that were deleted?

Thank you in advance

Enrico