[Qgis-developer] [GRASS-dev] QGIS GRASS Plugin Upgrade Crowdfunding

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:16:01 PDT 2015

Hi all.

The project is funded! Thanks to everybody who contributed or promoted
the project.

The first two parts are implemented, you can follow the work progress here:
  http://www.gissula.eu/qgis-grass-plugin-crowdfunding/progress.html
browser demo video:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d1jZzyRyRY
Many thanks to Jef for the help with dual build port to Windows, which
saved me a lot of headache and for patient fixing of the bugs I
introduced on Windows.

You can now build QGIS with GRASS 6, 7 or both. For the GRASS 7, there
are three new cmake options: WITH_GRASS7, GRASS_INCLUDE_DIR7,
GRASS_PREFIX7. Libs and binaries for each version have GRASS major
version number appended to file names. You can choose the version of
provider/plugin on runtime setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory
where GRASS libs are installed. For example:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/apps/grass-6.4.4/lib /home/user/apps/bin/qgis

Similarly, there are bat files in OSGEO4W 32bit for each GRASS version
(GRASS 7 is not dependency and must be selected manually). There is no
GRASS 7 provider in OSGEO4W 64bit, because there is no GRASS 7 in
OSGEO4W 64bit yet.

Please test but be aware that there are still many issues, especially
on Windows which I hope to fix for QGIS 2.10 release.

Radim