[Qgis-developer] Layers and Browser dock widget icons

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:05:02 PDT 2015

Please consider HiDPI screens when planning icon sizes, at least they
should be configurable, there is still a settings option for icon sizes.

At the HF we discussed about the different options, one is to add options
like

very small
small
normal
big
huge

instead of the px size, this should scale nicely converting sizes to actual
pixels according to DPI.

> Larry,
>
> As Nyall mentioned, icon size of the dock tool button will go back to 16 x
> 16 by default. That'll make things look the same as before.
>
> That said, the border on the buttons (no present on other OSes) aren't
> very nice. It might be worth adding a style specifically for os x to remove
> those.
> On 29 May 2015 05:37, "Nyall Dawson" <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 29 May 2015 5:55 am, "Larry Shaffer" <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The new icons for the Layers and Browser docks look good, but now the
>> sizing and spacing looks awkward when compared to the main toolbars (see 0,
>> 1 screen snaps), especially on Mac. What's the likelihood that we can
>> switch those over from QToolButtons to a actions on a QToolBar instead for
>> the upcoming release? These docks would then look similar to the Console's
>> QToolBar (see either screen snap).
>>
>> There's some discussion on the pull request regarding this, see:
>>
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2071#issuecomment-106283486
>>
>> The plan is to drop the icon/button sizes down a level (should then match
>> the previous appearance).
>>
>> Nyall

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it