[Qgis-developer] Data-defined symbol size is not backwards compatible to 2.8.2

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat May 30 13:45:26 PDT 2015

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 9:58 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 30 May 2015 11:39 pm, "Anita Graser" <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you confirm that data-defined symbol size styles created & saved in
> the dev version are ignored by 2.8.2?
> >
> > If so, I can open a ticket.
>
> Hi Anita,
>
> It's not backwards compatible, but that's why you get a warning when
> saving an old project in a newer version of QGIS. We don't support
> backwards compatibility of projects.

​Hi Nyall,

I understand that we don't guaranty backwards compatibility. If it's
impossible to fix, that's fine with me. I was just wondering if the break
happened by accident or if it had to be done. I expect this issue will come
up when LTR users and non-LTR users try to exchange projects.

Thanks and best wishes,
Anita