[Qgis-developer] A common set of functions for QGIS plugins

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 01:37:55 PST 2015

> A definite +1 on this.
> Also maybe a parent QGISPlugin class all plugins would inherit from ?

This is a good idea, and it would be easy to modify the Plugin Builder
plugin to generate plugin skeletons using that class

> As a side note on plugin, but important, Hugo intends at the hackfest to
> propose and discuss having plugins be Python modules, so that we can use
> PIP to deal with module and plugins dependencies.
> This would solve this problem and let us use common Python tools, be it
> on the plugin side, or the module management side, and ease packaging
> also for the distributions.

Sounds good as well. In case you do a small meeting for discussing
that (and also with other meetings that might happen), could it be
possibel to participate via skype/google hangout?