[Qgis-developer] 2.5D rendering crowdfunding

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Nov 3 23:54:44 PST 2015

Hi Paolo,

The impact of this project is much bigger than this, 2.5D rendering is
just the showcase for

 * on-the-fly transformation of geometries while rendering (or with some
small additions also to create geometries based on attributes)
 * being able to specify the rendering order
 * styling the parts of multi-geometries individually
 * enhancements to the expression engine
 * style variables

Finally, in contrast to qgis2threejs it is all built around core
components of QGIS, so it will also be available e.g. on QGIS server.

In short: sponsoring this project is a long-term investment into QGIS
capabilities.

http://www.opengis.ch/2015/11/02/qgis-crowdfunding-2-5d-rendering

All the best,
Matthias