[Qgis-developer] Estimate volunteer work

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Nov 6 03:06:43 PST 2015

Hi all,
during a very interesting and stimulating discussion about QGIS project
quality, we decided it is necessary to get an idea of how much volunteer
time is spent by everyone of us.
We could set up a poll, but I think it is a bit overkill here.
If you could send me an estimate of the average time you spend per week
working for QGIS project, not directly paid, subdivided in main tasks, I
can summarise this. I think of something like:
* Chuck Norris:
  * average 240 h per week checking binary code
  * 480 h per week rewriting website in loops.
>From this we'll be able to understand where we have more need for
support to assure the long term sustainability of the project, and where
are our weakest points.
Thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu