[Qgis-developer] Plugin migratin -> mailing list?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 7 09:29:33 PST 2015

Hi all,
I would be in favour of creating a readonly mailing list for plugin
authors and maintainers, in order to contact them all easily when
needed. I think this will be especially important for the upcoming
Python migration, so we can send crucial announcements, suggestions, etc.
We can obtain the list of authors and maintainers easily from the
plugins django app, and ffed it into Mailman as a mass subscription.
What is more tricky is to synchronize the two. For this we would need a
little script, listing members of the ML (list_members nameofthelist)
diffing, patching, and adding the missing addresses.
So my questions are:
* anybody opposes the creation of the list?
* any better solutions to contact authors?
* anyone willing to write the script?
Thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu