[Qgis-developer] Plugin migratin -> mailing list?

Geo DrinX geodrinx at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:58:19 PST 2015

>> Hi all,
>> I would be in favour of creating a readonly mailing list for plugin
>> authors and maintainers, in order to contact them all easily when
>> needed. I think this will be especially important for the upcoming
>> Python migration, so we can send crucial announcements, suggestions, etc.
>> We can obtain the list of authors and maintainers easily from the
>> plugins django app, and ffed it into Mailman as a mass subscription.
>> What is more tricky is to synchronize the two. For this we would need a
>> little script, listing members of the ML (list_members nameofthelist)
>> diffing, patching, and adding the missing addresses.
>>

> So my questions are:
>>
> * anybody opposes the creation of the list?

I am absolutely countrary to diffuse any list of authors.
Certainly in Italy there are rules governing privacy:

http://www.garanteprivacy.it/home_en

we developers have not given any written agreement that allows anyone to
keep a list that concerns us.

then you can consider this a warning email to NOT use my personal data for
any use.

Best regards

Roberto