[Qgis-developer] Plugin migratin -> mailing list?

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sun Nov 8 10:59:39 PST 2015

On 8 November 2015 at 08:40, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk> wrote:

> I can only speak about UK legislation. That only allows the use of
> collected
> personal data for purposes explicitly stated at the time of collection. I
> don't believe such permission is sought when plugins are submitted. Are
> there any terms and conditions which bind plugin authors?

In the "I am not a layer" category, it strikes me that it doesn't matter
what the law is in your or my jurisdiction, whether that is the UK or Italy
or the US, what matters is the law in the jurisdiction of the collecting
party at the point(s) of collection and storage? Which for QGIS plugins
would be?

John.