[Qgis-developer] Project quality discussion

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:59:18 PST 2015

The main problem I see in having a formal pay to review/merge model, no
matter the scale, is that it is a pay to win model no matter how to goes.
If you have the money you can pay someone to push it though quicker which
doesn't give others the same ability if they don't have the cash.

Personally the only way I can see this model working is if we have a full
time dev for the project that can review most PRs, or the QGIS.ORG board
can allocate funds to a core dev to review a set of PRs. This way the
project is in control and not "Hey X, I have a stack of cash here. Be a
buddy and merge my stuff for me will ya"

I am streamlining the QEP process so that the whole think is quicker and
faster to do.

- Nathan