[Qgis-developer] Plugin: initGui not called on QGIS startup?

John Stevenson john.stevenson at thinkwhere.com
Wed Nov 11 03:29:40 PST 2015

Hi,

When QGIS starts, it calls the __init__.py and the __init__ method of my plugin, but not the initGui method.  Once QGIS has started, the plugin appears in qgis.utils.available_plugins but not in qgis.utils.active_plugins.  If I call qgis.utils.startPlugin, then __init__.py, Plugin.__init__ and Plugin.initGui are all called and the plugin becomes active.

When is initGui / startPlugin called method during QGIS loading?  Is there something that my initGui should contain (or that my __init__ should not contain) so that the initGui gets called on QGIS startup?

I’m using QGIS 2.12.0 on Mint 17 Mate (ubuntu 14.04).

Thanks,
John

John Stevenson
Senior Developer

[cid:image89b64d.PNG at f281b8a7.46bf9c9f]<http://www.thinkwhere.com>

t: 01786 476060 (Office)
t: 01786 476093 (Direct Dial)
w:www.thinkwhere.com<http://www.thinkwhere.com>

Glendevon House
Castle Business Park
Stirling FK9 4TZ

[cid:image60ad50.PNG at 0c2c9505.4bb1cd96]<https://twitter.com/thinkWhere1> [cid:image3b1f3e.PNG at f5d66328.42aaa62e] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/1509510?trk=companies_home_ycp_logo_forth-valley-gis>

This email and its attachments are private and confidential. If you believe you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately on 01786 476060. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not rely on, use or disclose this email or any attachments in any way.

thinkWhere Limited does not accept any liability for any damage that may be caused to the recipient's system or data by this email or any attachments. Please note that our email system may be subject to random monitoring by us. This Company accepts no liability for personal emails.

thinkWhere is a limited company registered in Scotland with Registered Number SC315349 and having its Registered Office at Glendevon House, Castle Business Park, Stirling, FK9 4TZ.