[Qgis-developer] Unable to Disable Panels at Startup from Custom Config Location

Tariq Al-Sadoon tariqal-sadoon at b3partners.nl
Sun Nov 15 23:36:06 PST 2015

Hi,

I originally posted this question on the QGIS Stackexchange but haven't got any answers yet. Maybe someone here can help me out?

***

I'm trying to start QGIS 2.8 with the minimal GUI possible so I can reskin QGIS for a custom plugin. Unfortunately I'm not able to get rid of the Layers and Overview panels when saving the configuration into a custom location when starting QGIS with the options --configpath --optionspath. Everything else is customizable, I'm able to hide all the menus, but even though all the panels are marked as false in the QGISCUSTOMIZATION2.ini they still show up as displayed in the picture http://i.stack.imgur.com/31hMT.png.
The funny thing is that if I let the application store the values in the windows registry, all the panels are disabled fine, but because this has to be shipped to approximately 40 - 50 clients I'd rather accomplish this with the QGISCUSTOMIZATION2.ini and the QGIS2.ini files rather than using the registry.
Any ideas?
***
Thanks,

-Tariq Al-Sadoon