[Qgis-developer] Segmentation Faults using Qgis 2.12 (QgsPalLayerSettings & QgsComposition)

Raphael Dubois raphael.dubois at openocean.fr
Tue Nov 17 05:56:40 PST 2015

Hello,

I am running Qgis 2.12.0-Lyon with python2.7. I developed my program
under Qgis 2.8 and then 2.10. Now I encounter segmentation faults when I
create instances of :

  * qgis.core.QgsPalLayerSettings: pallay = qgis.core.QgsPalLayerSettings()
      o In my program, this is called after loading a QgsVectorLayer.
      o Loading named styles from QML doesn't cause any problem
        (loadNamedStyle method of QgsVectorLayer instance)
      o But manually creating my own style in this way is not possible
        since the upgrade.
  * qgis.core.QgsComposition: composition =
    qgis.core.QgsComposition(canvas.mapSettings())
      o this instance is created after loading all the layers into the
        canvas and setting the renderer for each of them
      o I seems canvas.mapRenderer() is deprecated, so I tried to init
        this with canvas.mapSettings() ; it crashes anyway

Are these bugs reported ? I could not find anything similar in the
reported Issues of QGis 2.12.

Thank you,

*---*
*Raphaƫl Dubois*