[Qgis-developer] Silently fail on error or say it loud?

Jonathan jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Tue Nov 24 12:17:45 PST 2015

Hi Alessandro,
I'd suggest that failing silently is probably the worst situation for
the user, and the code-guidelines should be updated.
The user thinks they're getting what they want and instead their request
is being ignored. These sorts of things usually lead to users wasting
lots of time trying to figure out what's wrong when all that needs to
happen is to tell them (we've all had it happen to us I'm sure).

Just my 2p.
Cheers,
Jonathan