[Qgis-developer] QGIS georeferencer / vector georeferencer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 25 23:41:21 PST 2015

Hi,

Is there a reason why the QGIS georeferencer is still a plugin and not
part of QGIS core?

Do you think that the existing QGIS raster georeferencer could be
enhanced/extended to also allow the georeferencing of one or more vector
layers?

I know that there is a Python plugin to do vector georeferencing - but I
really think that both raster and vector georeferencing is an integral
part of any GIS and shouldn't be optional or a second class citizen. And
it is also rather suboptimal that the raster and vector georeferencers
have two different interfaces ...

Thanks for your thoughts,
Andreas