[Qgis-developer] Embed layers and groups: possible bug

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 30 05:00:20 PST 2015

Hi Paolo,

No - layer names have to be unique! WMS clients also need unique layer
names. After all, they need to provide a list with visible layers in the
correct order. How would the client address the layers individually, if
the names are the same?

I believe you can switch to layer id's instead of layer names - but than
you have the same issue that they need to be unique.

The issue you are referring to is probably the one that in the past
layer ids in the global layer cache had to be unique. Now they have to
be unique within the project, but not globally. This was fixed several
months ago.

Andreas