[Qgis-developer] Pending PRs

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Thu Oct 1 00:44:35 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've submitted two Pull Requests :
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2189 and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2322 that stay in a undetermined state ...

The first one (2189) is of particular interest here. It has been opened
in the beginning of July and I've been fixing issues spotted by others
(mostly Nyall), unfortunately at a lower pace than I would have liked,
busy on other projects.

But agreement from other devs seemed needed to accept it. And ... this
agreement never came before the beginning of the feature freeze ...
So can you confirm this is now out of the scope of the 2.12 ? Or is
there a chance this would be an exception ?

I guess this happened because everyone is busy, but it is not an easy
situation for me.
It becomes hard to target a particular release version when selling the
integration of new features and then it does not enforce confidence of
funders, I think.

Do you see solutions to that for the future ? Probably the problem is
that integration of paid development depends on decisions made by
third-party developers that do their best to review PRs, but without
guarantee (i.e. are not paid specifically for that). What do you think ?