[Qgis-developer] new dependency on GEOS C++ library

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 1 07:31:31 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 02:17:15PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> As known from the beginning, the challenge here is dealing with
> management of the many GeometryFactory objects that would result
> from the possibility of expressing them freely, and I start thinking
> there's no way out of this than adding refcounting to the
> GeometryFactory object so that it self-manages.

I've stubbed this mechanism here:
https://github.com/libgeos/libgeos/pull/52

Basically, once you don't need an explicit handle on your
GeometryFactory you can call its "autoDestroy()" method and
it will be destroyed once all the geometries referencing it
are also deleted.

Could be a key to what we're trying to do here.

--strk;