[Qgis-developer] SSL error on QGIS startup

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Oct 2 00:37:52 PDT 2015

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for shedding some light on this issue. I'd also be in favor of
removing the news feed, if it requires download from Google. However, it
would be useful, to have a menu entry in the "Help" menu, to open the
website of the QGIS blog. The help menu could have several entries for
useful web resources - and there it clearly is triggered by the user.

Thanks,
Andreas