[Qgis-developer] SSL error on QGIS startup

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Oct 2 01:41:33 PDT 2015

My original plan for the news feed was a push notification system for
conferences, releases...

I do not see any advantage of the current system over having a link
which opens a browser window.

I would like to clearly separate the two discussions: IF there is a good
reason to ship the news feed internally, THEN we will find a solution to
ship a library instead of downloading an external one.

Best,
Matthias