[Qgis-developer] Latest QGIS dev (2.11) won't compile using Qt5 libraries

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 18:55:33 PDT 2015

Greetings,

(Note: it's the first time I'm trying to compile QGIS using Qt5, so the
problem might be the user here ;) )

Using the current master (what will become 2.12), I fail to successfully
compile a build using Qt5 libraries. The make process crashes when trying
to compile qgsauthcertutils.cpp with the following error:

/home/webmaster/dev/cpp/QGIS/src/core/auth/qgsauthcertutils.cpp: In static
member function ‘static QMap<QString, QList<QSslCertificate> >
QgsAuthCertUtils::certsGroupedByOrg(QList<QSslCertificate>)’:
/home/webmaster/dev/cpp/QGIS/src/core/auth/qgsauthcertutils.cpp:64:68:
error: no matching function for call to ‘QString::QString(QStringList)’
     QString org( cert.subjectInfo( QSslCertificate::Organization ) );
                                                                    ^
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/QString:1:0,
                 from /usr/include/Qca-qt5/QtCrypto/qca_core.h:36,
                 from /usr/include/Qca-qt5/QtCrypto/qca.h:36,
                 from /usr/include/Qca-qt5/QtCrypto/QtCrypto:1,
                 from
/home/webmaster/dev/cpp/QGIS/src/core/auth/qgsauthcertutils.h:21,
                 from
/home/webmaster/dev/cpp/QGIS/src/core/auth/qgsauthcertutils.cpp:17:

Question: is it the case that ATM master does not compile using Qt5
anymore? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks for the help.

Math

P.S. the reason why I'm trying to get a functioning Qt5-based build is that
I've ran into a problem with Burmese character encoding that's fixed under
Qt5, due to its use of harfbuzz-ng. So, one additional motivation to to the
upgrade eventually :)