[Qgis-developer] Analysis ergonomy

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 6 06:59:56 PDT 2015

Hi all.
We currently have two major analytical tools:

* GRASS
* Processing.

The first has a toolbar and a panel, the second a dropdown menu and a
panel. The commands in the GRASS toolbar are mostly available in the
Browser and in the panel. I suggest to make the two more uniform, e.g.:

* rename the Processing dropdown menu in Analysis (this seems more in
line with others: Web, Database, etc.)
* add the commands now in the GRASS toolbar under the same menu
(separated by a line)
* remove the GRASS toolbar - I have plenty of toolbars, getting too
difficult to find them.

I think this will result in a more pleasant user experience. Overall,
the impact should be minimal, and this should be very easy to implement.

Opinions?

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu