[Qgis-developer] Geometry Checker contra Topology Checker

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:01:25 PDT 2015

On 06.10.2015 20:33, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Is it Geometry Checker replacement for Topology Checker? It has more
>> options but does not support multiple layers. What is the future,
>> Geometry Checker or Topology Checker or both merged together?
>
> this is the classic example of bad redundancy we would need to remove
> in QGIS. Not only we have now the geometry checker and the topology
> checker, but there is also a core python tool to check for geometry.
> It seems to me that the last two should should eventually be merged in
> the first one, considered that they do not offer any tool to fix the
> geometries and that they have a few issues (slow, problems with
> reprojected layers, false positives, etc.).

Hello

Further development of the C++ plugins is not on our radar at this time
beyond maintenance and fixing possible outstanding issues. It will also
be next year until it will use the reduced precision mode of GEOS as was
originally intended. That said, I'm happy to answer any question about
the architecture of the plugin if anyone wants to extend it to
eventually be able to replace the python plugins.

Best
Sandro