[Qgis-developer] SSL error on QGIS startup

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:29:18 PDT 2015

On 7 October 2015 at 07:41, Régis Haubourg
<regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr> wrote:
> Matthias Kuhn-2 wrote
>> Can you state more precisely what you mean with "on welcome screen"?
>> I.e. directly on the welcome screen or on a separate tab?
>
> Hi,
> At first thought, I would prefer directly on welcome screen, at least users
> get used to it (or addicted?). Notification icons are usefull for users that
> know what's behind. Most corporate users don't really want to read news..
> My tests today gave me the feeling that we give a lot of space to recent
> project, maybe too much compared to average screen display density in QGIS.
> That could be squizzed a little bit to let some room to newsfeed.

This was how the original implementation worked, but proved to be
unpopular and so was moved off to that tab. For the record, I'm not in
favour of showing the feed on startup - I don't think it looks
professional and even if we wrote like crazy to make sure that there's
always "fresh" news it will still only be relevant to a small % of our
users...

Nyall