[Qgis-developer] Geometry Checker contra Topology Checker

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:25:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 06/10/2015 23:23, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
>
>> We also should move the first one to the analysis library, so that the
>> routines are accessible by plugins and processing framework.... Just
>> another item on the TODO list!
>
> sure, big improvement. better opening a ticket?
> Giovanni, could you please add tickets for the missing features of the
> new plugin, and one for the removal of previous plugins?
> all the best, and thanks.

I must say that I like more the concept of rules in Topology Checker
instead of one big dialog used in Geometry Checker. Both from UI and
programming point of view. It is more flexible and extensible. I am
curious why a new plugin was started instead of improvement of the old
one. I don't think that the Topology Checker should be simply removed
until we have something similar in terms of definition and
implementation of rules.

Radim