[Qgis-developer] Geometry Checker contra Topology Checker

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 01:40:00 PDT 2015

On 07.10.2015 09:29, Salvatore Larosa wrote:
> Hi Radim,
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I must say that I like more the concept of rules in Topology Checker
>> instead of one big dialog used in Geometry Checker. Both from UI and
>> programming point of view. It is more flexible and extensible. I am
>> curious why a new plugin was started instead of improvement of the old
>> one. I don't think that the Topology Checker should be simply removed
>> until we have something similar in terms of definition and
>> implementation of rules.
> +1, something that I thought and that I could not express.

To explain the background - the design was done based on specific
requirements by a customer. The code was written from scratch to
properly implement the entire logic of fixing errors and tracking the
effect of fixing one error on other errors. But from a programming point
of view the implementation is actually very modular and easily
extensible. The UI is differently organized, it was felt that it allowed
the user to more quickly set up the "check session". But as far as I'm
concerned in it's current form I don't see it as deprecating the current
topology checker.