[Qgis-developer] Possible memory leak in QGIS redraws?

RĂ©gis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Thu Oct 8 07:45:32 PDT 2015

Hi all,
I try to narrow down a production issue here.
In long sessions with lot's of redraws on complex projects, memory seems to
increase regularly.

In a more simple environnement with no plugins, just sending multiple
redraws using F5 key triggers it.
It grows quite fast on 2.6 up to 4Go sometimes, quite slower in master and
2.10. Every 5-6 redraws, QGIS adds 1Mo of RAM in 2.6, less often in recent
versions.

If confirmed, and if nothing else is to be blamed (windows?, QT?) this is a
serious issue for enterprise uses, especially if we want to build
application that run all day long with many canvas redraws.

Could anyone try to reproduce this ?

Redrawing while previous redraw is not over could be at fault?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers