[Qgis-developer] Default fill/outline color for svg symbols

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 03:02:13 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently working on fixing some issues with svg symbol rendering.
I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts regarding
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/10908 is?

Situation is:
- default fill color of svg marker symbols is white, outline is black.
- Up until 5 minutes ago, there was a bug regarding outline widths for
svg images. This meant that the width had to be ridiculously large to
be visible (eg 10-20x larger than desired). After fixing this bug the
outline is now visible in the svg image selector, so possibly that's
#10908 fixed.  BUT - now I think the default svg marker width is much
too large (1 mm). I think this should be something more like 0.2 mm.

So I need some feedback. What should be the CORRECT default SVG marker
fill and border color, and border width?

(Personally, I'm leaning toward leaving it as white fill, black
outline, 0.2mm width.)

Nyall