[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Pedro VenĂ¢ncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 11:02:31 PDT 2015

> Bullseye, fixed in d26765f.

Fix confirmed! Thanks again Radim!

> BTW, Pedro is supplying me with bug reports off list over a month, thanks
> Pedro.

Yes, I have been quite boring with you in the last weeks! But your work has
been excellent!

> > I also found that saving edits with "Save edits" button in the attribute
> > tabel takes no effect. With other layers (not GRASS layers), it works
> well.
>
> It should not take any effect, because with GRASS, the data are
> written immediately to file+table. Are you missing the data somewhere
> the data are expected to appear after save edit?

You are right, everything is automatically saved. But I think this question
will certainly be raised by users in the future. Maybe it's something to
explicitly place in the documentation.
Or remove the Save button from attribute table of GRASS layers. Or put this
button with the same behavior of Save Edits Layer from Digitizing Toolbar.
In this case, although the data are already saved, the behavior is similar
to saving other data sources (shapefiles, postgis, etc).

> The tool you used, 'Add Area' is just a shorthand to digitize closed
> boundary (boundaries are line strings, not closed rings). Place a
> centroid inside and you should see the polygon when editing is closed.

Precisely, it works perfectly in this way. But it is not very intuitive.

> I would like to add also automatic placement of centroid when 'Add
> Area' is used, but I don't know how yet, how to squash it to a single
> undo operation with the boundary.

That would be perfect! I hope you can come up with this solution!
If it is not possible for now, it may be something for future releases.

Thank you very much for your work Radim!

Best regards,
Pedro