[Qgis-developer] Georeferencing using PyQGIS

Chris Schaffer schaffecj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:03:57 PDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to georeference a raster using PyQGIS.  If I want to
georeference a raster manually (loaded from an ascii file), I can use the
Georeferencer plugin, but I don't see a way to access this core C++ plugin
using PyQGIS.

When I tried using GDAL to georeference a raster, using the script created
by selecting "Generate GDAL Script" in the Georeferencer, the raster was
incorrectly georeferenced when I loaded it in QGIS. It looks like there may
be differences between how GDAL and QGIS handle the georeferencing offsets.

Do you have any advice for georeferencing a raster using PyQGIS, using the
Georeferencer or otherwise?  I'm using QGIS 2.4.

Thanks!

Chris