[Qgis-developer] Composer Legend items: what are the differences between "auto-update" and "update all" options?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 07:14:13 PDT 2015

Hi,
I'd like to know what are the differences between those two options
available while customizing a legend in a print composer. Except that
"auto-update" does work silently, they both do AFAICS same things :
- update list of layers according to what exists in the map canvas or map
item content
- delete any user-defined label
- delete any user-defined visibility options (hidden, group or sub-group )
- reorder layers according to main map canvas

Hitting "update all" behaves like checking "auto-update". Have I missed
something ? Is it worth keeping both ?