[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Re: [Qgis-community-team] Books section on our website

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 05:31:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

I do feel for people who try and write books given the pace of QGIS, I
write the training manuals for my employer so I know what it feels like,
however, this is just the world we live in and a fact of software.  I have
tons of books on bookshelf that are outdated, new programming books come
out only to be outdated a year or so later.

If you are writing a book, manual, etc, you should target the LTR version
as it will not change. As we evolve the software, things need to change and
that includes UI. I'm not a fan of keeping stuff in the same place just
because that is how it has always been done. If we can do it better we
should.

Regards,