[Qgis-developer] Release schedule discussion - again

m roy royroge at outlook.com
Wed Oct 14 00:59:37 PDT 2015

Il 14/10/2015 08.20, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> Sure. Another option, if we feel there are no compelling reasons to
> have another LTR (I believe 2.11 have few additional function people
> can't really miss, and 2.8 seems generally quite well accepted), to
> skip next LTR and go straight away with the transition after 2.12 is out.

Given that i love the QGIS project, and i do not mean to be rude at all:

 From a user perspective

IMHO skipping the next LTR would be a huge mistake, people
find this statement on the QGIS web site:

"Every third release (starting with 2.8) is a long-term-release (LTR)
that is maintained until the next long-term-release occurs."

so accordingly a migration/project planning is done, and then out of the
blue there is no LTR (?)

Also i think someone ( surely I do ) miss very much this functions:

Editing join parameters, DBManager improvements, map composer scale bar
sizing,
match categories to existing styles.

Thanks and best regards.