[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-UX] Composer Legend items: what are the differences between "auto-update" and "update all" options?

Junior delazj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:56:57 PDT 2015

Bernd,
see http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13575

Envoyé depuis mon HTC

----- Reply message -----
De : "Bernd Vogelgesang" <bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de>
Pour : <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>
Objet : [Qgis-developer] [QGIS-UX] Composer Legend items: what are the differences between "auto-update" and "update all" options?
Date : mer., oct. 14, 2015 23:23

Hi,
I'm more missing a discussion about why in fact all loaded layers are displayed in the legend, and not only those activated in the canvas.
There is a reason why a deactivate layers: I want to produce a map only with those active ones = shown in the map.
So why do I have to manually remove unneeded (in my cases often dozens of layers) from the legend, or, even worse, delete them from the project just to re-add them when I produce the next map?

It would be much smarter to add just those active in the moment of creating the legend. In case I forgot one I need, I will be happy to add this one manually.

Or did I miss sth obvious?

Cheers
Bernd