[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 01:11:39 PDT 2015

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Pedro VenĂ¢ncio
<pedrongvenancio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is most probably the problem with different off_t size in GRASS and
>> QGIS. I have already implemented fix, but the problem is how to get
>> real off_t size from GRASS. On Windows, it is now hard coded 8 bytes.
>> build_off_t_size was added to g.version but it will but available in
>> 7.1. For now, you have to ensure that QGIS and GRASS are compiled with
>> the same off_t size (I am not sure how) or change in
>> qgsgrassprovider.cpp
>>   typedef off_t grass_off_t;
>>   typedef qint32 grass_off_t;
>> or
>>   typedef qint64 grass_off_t;
>> according to the size used in GRASS.
>>

> I made this change and with qint64 (typedef qint64 grass_off_t;) QGIS does
> not crash, but the geometry just disappears after editing. Please see here:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/grass_node_tool.ogv
>
> The same is happening with GRASS6.

If the same happens with GRASS6, the problem is not related to off_t size.

Could you try to:
- create new line layer
- digitize line with 2 vertices
- close editing (save changes)
- start editing
- move 1 vertex
- close editing (save changes)
- run in grass shell: v.out.ascii format=standard input=<your map>

and post the output of v.out.ascii here?

Radim