[Qgis-developer] Meaning of "Canvas Units" in project properties?!?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 02:47:33 PDT 2015

Hi Nyall,

> I'm trying to get to the bottom of http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11986
> (Area calculation is wrong with OTF enabled), but even after reading
> the source I'm struggling to understand how QGIS is supposed to be
> handling this. And if a developer who CAN read the source has no idea,
> how are normal users supposed to understand this? ;)

I guess the right ticket is now this one

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13209

right? Too bad there was no feedback, does this probably mean that we
will have again a release with wrong area measures? I have put quite a
lot of effort in testing this issue, see for example
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/12057, but now I'm out of time. Shouldn't
the reference ticket be tagged as blocker (I mean, we should not
really ship the new release with this issue unresolved...).

cheers!

-- g --